Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why Donuts & Coffee?

When I first got the idea of making this blog, I knew I was going to have to create a name for it. For a blog that is supposed to cover food in all aspects, which I hope to do here, donuts and coffee might hardly seem like an appropriate name to give it. However when I think of food and things that I love to eat, one thing will always spring to my mind and that is donuts and coffee. Donuts and coffee are about as perfect of a pairing as one can find in my opinion. Now it might not be for everyone, but those two items would consist of my perfect breakfast every day of the year. I would eat it every day of the year too if it were not for the terrible health and weight-gaining implications. To sit down to my first meal of the day with a good cup of coffee and a few donuts sounds like the start of a fine day to me.

Make no mistake, it doesn't have to be just regular donuts and coffee either. I am a very worldly fellow. It can be my first meal of the day in New Orleans and I am having beignets and chicory coffee. It can be in Boston and I'm having some Dunkin Donuts and Dunkin Coffee. It can be in Italy and I'm having some La Sfogliatella and espresso. I think you get my point. It's that basic combination of a pastry and coffee that I find fits my perfect idea of a first meal for the day.

I love donuts and coffee. They go together like sun and shine. This is why I chose to name my food blog after them and now you know. Happy eating everyone!

No comments: